You are here: Events | National Learn to Row Day
National Learn to Row Day
National Learn to Row Day is organized by US Rowing to bring attention to the sport of rowing and the lifelong benefits it can provide. ARC is participating in this event by offering community members the opportunity to experience rowing on the Hudson River for FREE. The intent of the event is to educate and make community members aware of rowing in the Capital Region.
If you plan to join us for this event, please RSVP with an email to NLTRDay@albanyrowingcenter.org to let us know you are coming. Thank you!
- Saturday June 4th. Drop in any time between 8:30 and 12:00.
- The City of Albany Boat Shed, Hudson River Corning Preserve (Directions)
- What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes suitable for the weather. Bring drinking water. Please leave backpacks or other belongings in your car as there is no room for them in the boat.
What to Expect
Volunteers will be on hand to walk you through the different stations. All participants will be asked to sign in and fill out a waiver. The whole process will take about 45 minutes, depending on how many people arrive at a given time.
- Sign in and fill out a waiver.
- Get a tour of the boathouse and boatyard.
- Learn about different boats and rowing terminology.
- Practice the rowing stroke on a stationary rowing machine.
- Get in a boat and go out on the river.