Junior Team Accomplishments
Spring 2012 Highlights
Under the direction of Head Coach Mike MacMinn, and also coached by Novice Coach Evan Bollin and Assistant Coach Cameron Heyden, the ARC Junior Team rowed to many successes during the Spring 2012 competitive rowing season. Each year, ARC participates in both the New York State Section 2 Championship Regatta and the New York State Scholastic Rowing Association's Championship Regatta, as well as other local scrimmages and invitational regattas. The very full spring season regatta schedule demands a significant commitment of time and effort not only on the part of the coaches and rowers, but also from the parents who provide support at regattas each weekend.
Here are some of the highlights from the spring 2012 season:
- Novice Girls 4+ - Section 2 Champions, NY State Champions, Pittsford Regatta Champions
- Varsity Girls 8+ - 2nd at the NY State Championship, Pittsford Regatta Champions, Youth National Championship Qualifier
- Varsity Girls 4+ A Team - Pittsford Regatta Champions
- Varsity Girls 4+ B Team - Pittsford Regatta Champions
- Girls 2nd Varsity 8+ - 3rd in Section 2 Championship, 4th in NY State Championship
- Novice Boys 4+ - Pittsford Regatta Champions
- Boys team roster tripled in size and established themselves as strong contenders for the 2013 season.
US Rowing Youth Nationals
The final event of the season was the US Rowing Youth National Championship Regatta in Oak Ridge, Tennessee from June 6th through 10th. Based on their strong showing, the Varsity Girls 8+ qualified to participate in this event, as they have done in years past. The girls did a tremendous job, worked hard and rowed well, coming in 3rd in the "C" final and 15th overall in this National event with a time of 7:10.894. Congratulations! Read the news story.
View an album of photos from this spring's regattas.